Is the rink open in warm weather?
We use two state-of-the-art 60 ton Air Cooled Chillers that maintain the ice at a cool 6 degrees. At warmer temperatures, there might be a little ice melt. However, with several inches of chilled ice, it would take a long time to melt.
Where exactly is Winterfest?
We’re located in Kiener Plaza, located just west of the Old Courthouse in downtown St. Louis.
Are their any restaurants around Winterfest?
Kiener Plaza is surrounded by a variety of restaurants with some great food options. In addition, our own concession stand serves pizza, nachos, pretzels, hot chocolate, coffee and, other things. On most Fridays and Saturdays, Big Daddy's will be onsite serving adult beverages. Click here to view Explore St. Louis' list of downtown restaurants.
WINTERFEST Code of Conduct
- I will not form a chain
- I will not throw any objects
- I will enter and exit the ice surface in an orderly fashion
- I will only enter the ice surface with skates. Shoes, socks, and bare feet are prohibited on the ice.
- There is absolutely no smoking on the ice.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- We reserve the right to remove anyone from the rink/event for any reason.
- I will respect the direction of traffic flow
- I am responsible for the use and care of the ice material
- I will not do hockey stops/icing
- I will respect the staff instructions
- I will respect skaters by creating safe distances
- I will always yield to the skater ahead of me
- I will maintain a safe and moderate speed
- I will not engage in racing other skaters
- I will not carry other people or infants on the ice
By accepting admission to skate, you waive and relinquish all you may have, and which may accrue me, as a result of participating in the Event against; and fully release and forever discharge, and agree to hold harmless and indemnify “Winterfest” Gateway Arch Park Foundation including its owners, producers, managers, oﬃcers, employees, sponsors, and aﬃliates; National Park Service, city/county and state governments and any municipal agency whose property, equipment or personnel are used in any way in the Event; from any and all claims for injuries, including death or incapacity, illnesses, damages, expenses or loss that I may suﬀer arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the Event, including injuries caused or associated from the Event.
Participate at your own risk.