Winterfest Membership Representative
The Gateway Arch Park Foundation is interested in energetic and enthusiastic individuals to represent the Foundation at its membership tent during Winterfest activities from November 18, 2017 through January 1, 2018. Hours are Thursday – Sunday 2pm - 9pm with flexibility.
Representatives will work with Foundation staff to promote the Foundation and its membership program to the public attending the events.
- Promoting the membership program and effectively communicating details, benefits and events
- Setting up and/or shut down and staffing the membership tent and all materials
- Greeting and interacting with the public, current and potential Foundation members
- Processing new memberships through mobile pay software
- Managing sales of Foundation items to public
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outgoing personality and enjoys working as a team and with the public
- Ability to work with an iPad, Wi-Fi and mobile pay applications
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of the work day
- Ability to withstand outdoor weather for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs. and push a dolly of up 80 lbs.
The membership tent will be located outside in Kiener Plaza and will be staffed by a minimum of two people for each shift. The tent will have heaters available.
This position is a temporary position ending January 1, 2018 and rate of pay is $12.00 hourly to be paid bi-monthly after approved time sheets have been submitted. Parking in the Stadium East parking garage will be validated.
Please send your application to Info@ArchPark.org. If your application is selected, Foundation staff will contact you to discuss availability of shifts, employment paperwork and to schedule a training session. ** A training session is required for all employees
GATEWAY ARCH PARK FOUNDATION:
The Gateway Arch Park Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to ensure that the Gateway Arch, its grounds, neighboring public space and attractions will be a vital, welcoming, well-supported resource to the community and nation.
The Foundation was founded in 2009 to support and coordinate a project to connect, invigorate and expand the Arch grounds. As the renovation of the Arch park and surrounding areas nears completion, the Gateway Arch Park Foundation has transitioned to a conservancy model to ensure that the Gateway Arch and its surroundings are a vibrant, active, well-supported attraction for generations to come.
For more information please visit www.ArchPark.org/
WINTERFEST: The Gateway Arch Park Foundation and St. Louis Blues are teaming up again to bring an ice rink to downtown St. Louis. Winterfest at the Arch presented by Centene will begin on November 18 with the opening of the ice rink in the new Kiener Plaza, part of the historic renovations nearing completion at the Gateway Arch Park and surrounding areas. The rink will remain open until January 1, 2018.
There are several events scheduled in coordination with Winterfest including the Festival of Lights, One Nation Night, the St. Louis Classic Watch Party and many more.
For more information please visit www.ArchWinterfest.com/